No matter the size of the company, workplace injuries are bound to happen eventually. Whether it’s through repetitive motions, or something more serious like falling off of a ladder, these are instances where Pat Carpenter’s expertise in workers compensation could help you. Everyday there are threats in the workplace that could harm us, such as…
- Falling objects can result in serious problems for the upper half of the body. Head injuries are the most common outcome from falling objects. This could be in the form of a concussion, cuts to the skin, or a variation of both. Of course, proper personal protection gear usage, such as a hard hat, are very important in keeping the employee safe.
- Reaction injuries are injuries that most people shrug off but can result in serious aches or pain. When you catch yourself from tripping or falling, there may be side-effects such as the strain of a muscle, body trauma, or a variety of other medical issues.
- As the summer season is upon us, a lot of workers will be building houses and fixing up roofs. Another leading cause of workplace injuries is falling from heights. Falling off ladders or climbing stairs can occur due to faulty equipment or insufficient safety protocols. If you have ever fallen at work, call Pat Carpenter today.
- Slipping and tripping occurs often. From slippery, wet floors, to cracked sidewalks this injury gets the best of us at times. Be aware when caution signs are out for wet floors. All it takes is one slip to take your back, or legs out to prevent you from working the next day, or months rather.
- Over-exertion is the most common cause of work place injuries. This includes injuries related to pulling, lifting, pushing, holding, carrying, and throwing activities at work. Not only in Iowa do we see this, but across the nation. Back pain costs employers an estimated $7.4 billion annually, and leads to 100 million lost work days annually (2011).
If you have experienced any of these common injuries, give Pat Carpenter a call today. There is no need to continue working with an injury. It hurts you, and it hurts the productivity of the company. Get the care you need, and the best benefits that will get you back on your feet. If you’re unable to work due to a workplace injury and you aren’t receiving compensation from your employer, you need to talk to a workers’ compensation attorney right away.