How To Report A Work Comp Claim in the Des Moines Metro Area

Sometimes a work related injury can’t be settled through communication. Often times, regarding injuries, there is a miscommunication between the employer or the employee. When this happens, you may need a lawyer to step in. If you follow these these two tips on how to report a workers’ compensation claim, you’ll have no issues but if you do come across issues you may need to notify a work comp attorney in central Iowa.

As A Worker:

As a worker in Des Moines, you are responsible to report any incident to your employee as soon as possible. Tell your supervisor immediately, even if you think it’s a minor injury. Make sure that you also seek proper first aid, visit a doctor or go to the emergency room if necessary. You’ll also want to maintain all relevant medical and payment records for possible future use.


The sooner you notify someone, the better off you will be.  A delay may negatively affect your health and may even jeopardize your potential workers compensation benefits. Unless your employer has notice or knowledge of your injury within 90 days of its occurrence, you may be denied benefits. The 90-day period begins to run when you knew or should have known that your injury was related to your work.

Des Moines Work Comp Lawyer:

At times though, proper benefits may not have been received, or you didn’t get the the correct care which may result in a poor recovery. If you feel that you have been treated poorly or fit under any of these instances then contact us at Carpenter Law Firm today!

Regardless of the injury, you are entitled to contact a work comp lawyer. A lawyer in Iowa can help you receive the right medical care and the right workers’ compensation benefits that you are entitled to. If your injury is serious enough and keeps you from working permanently, a lawyer can also advise you about filing for Social Security disability benefits as well.

Seek A Workers’ Compensation Attorney For Sioux City Residents

When you contact Attorney Pat Carpenter’s office, you become our office’s top priority. Carpenter Law Firm of Des Moines, Iowa is committed to serving each Iowan who seeks our services with the most care and urgency possible. We specialize in the fields of workers’ compensation and personal injury law, and we know how delicate and sensitive these cases can be. For decades, we’ve served families and individuals throughout the state, including clients in Siouxland and surrounding areas. Our mission is to help as many Iowans as we can, whether they are hurt at work, injured in a car accident, or grieving the sudden loss of a loved one. Pat Carpenter is here to help Iowans.

We encourage Sioux City residents to call us today. Handling workers’ comp cases in Sioux City, IA has given us the opportunity to meet many of its welcoming and hard-working residents.Throughout the past few decades, Carpenter Law Firm has helped hundreds of Iowans that aren’t in central Iowa with their work comp cases, and you could be next! Don’t let the distance limit your options for the best workers’ comp representation in the state. Your immediate choices following a work injury could mean the difference between receiving compensation or not. Don’t leave anything up to chance if you feel you’ve been unjustly treated by your employer, an insurance company, or an individual. Along with workers’ compensation, we help people in Woodbury, and Plymouth counties and surrounding cities such as Le Mars and Orange City with car accidents, truck accidentsmotorcycle accidents, and wrongful death lawsuits.

You need a team on your side that will make sure that no one takes advantage of you and your employee rights are respected. Carpenter Law Firm always puts our clients first, and they will be the first to tell you in our client testimonials. If you need help taking the first step to getting your life back in order, call us today at 515-244-9907 or contact us online.

Do You Need A Lawyer? If Injured, You Might.

Do I need a work comp lawyer? Des Moines Worker Compensation Attorneys

Photo courtesy of graur codrin /

Deciding if your work related injury is serious enough for an attorney to be involved can be a tough decision. Whether you need a work comp lawyer in Des Moines to represent yourself after you are injured depends on a number of factors.

Continue reading Do You Need A Lawyer? If Injured, You Might.

3 Types of Workers Comp Your Employer In Iowa Should Provide

injured in iowa

Photo courtesy of Marin /

In Iowa, there are a large number of businesses that have a high level of risk involved. From farming, to wind turbine farms, and manufacturing jobs Iowans put their ability to work at risk on a daily basis. If an employee were to get hurt, the employer must provide these three Iowa work compensation benefits.

Continue reading 3 Types of Workers Comp Your Employer In Iowa Should Provide

4 Challenges Ahead For Workers’ Compensation

Work Comp Challenges

Photo courtesy of ratch0013 /

Today holds tomorrow’s opportunities. Things are changing every minute of the day. From updates to your favorite website and even the weather outside. The same thing goes for lawyers and workers’ compensation. Things really changed for workers’ compensation after OSHA was introduced in 1972. Since then, work place safety has increased, but there are always going to be bumps along the way. With new laws regarding to healthcare and patient privacy, there is some uncertainty what the future holds for workers’ compensation. In this post we are going to highlight four notable challenges we foresee in the area of workers’ compensation. Continue reading 4 Challenges Ahead For Workers’ Compensation